San Diego, CA
Michael Doa is an expert economic consultant specialized in valuing complex assets and transactions, including intellectual property. In addition to consulting on litigation, Michael assists clients with IP valuation and licensing strategy, including standard-essential patent portfolios.
Mr. Doa began his valuation practice in 2016. Since then, he has consulted on many valuation engagements, including expert reports.
Mr. Doa consults on a variety of matters, including:
• Intellectual property. Utility patents, design patents, copyrights, trade secrets, other intangible assets.
• Economic damages. Lost profits, reasonable royalty, and profit disgorgement.
• Litigation consulting. IP infringement, FRAND licensing, breach of contract, antitrust.
• Transactions. IP licensing agreements and strategy, patent portfolio valuations and transactions.
• Industries. Mobile devices, internet-of-things, software, pharmaceuticals, aerospace & defense, apparel, semiconductors.
• Clients. Plaintiffs, defendants, leading law firms, multinational corporations, small and mid-sized businesses.
• Venues. U.S. district courts, U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
Mr. Doa holds a B.S. in Economics and Political Science from the University of Michigan, where he graduated with Honors.