insight: a clear, deep, and sometimes sudden understanding of a complicated problem
Noun, ˈin-ˌsīt , Cambridge Dictionary
Insight Economics is a leading economic consulting firm that excels in applying economic principles and analysis in a legal context. We have extensive experience in evaluating economic damages, intellectual property, antitrust, competition, labor, class action, employment, and much more. Our clients depend on us to provide thorough and thoughtful analysis, distill complex issues, and effectively communicate our results to courtrooms and executives across the country.
We collectively thrive because of the core values that define our work:
1. Credible Testimony. Our experts provide testimony that is supported, thoughtful, credible, and persuasively communicated. Whether at expert deposition, court hearing, jury trial, or client presentation, courtrooms and boardrooms across the country have relied on our testimony to support case outcomes.
“At the outset, [Party] does not challenge [Insight Expert’s] credentials, which the Court finds are substantial.”
– Central District of California
“Just wanted you to know that the Patent Board ruled for us and specifically credited your testimony. Thanks for everything!”
– Law Firm Partner, Washington DC
2. Effective Analysis. Our experts provide thorough and thoughtful evaluation that produces the most effective analysis possible. We recognize the range of possible approaches and choose our methods for the most appropriate and effective analysis for a given case. Our clients value our direct and clear synthesis of legal, factual, and economic information in addressing the issue at hand.
“The Court notes… that [defendant] has made a substantial showing that the nexus between the commercial success and the [patent] is tenuous as best…”
– District Court of New Jersey
“… They were somehow able to review countless deposition transcripts and exhibits and tens of thousands of documents/Excel spreadsheets in short order, and quickly and correctly figure out the nuances of the pharmaceutical marketplace and the economic theories in short order. It was impressive.”
– Law firm Partner, Chicago
3. Extensive Experience. Our consultants have worked on hundreds of projects and have decades of collective experience across a variety of legal and business issues. Our breadth of experience across subject matter and depth of experience in particular cases allows courts and clients to make the most economically informed decisions possible. In other words: “Yes, we’ve done that before.”
“…[Insight Expert’s] conclusions stem from his expertise in economic markets.”
– Northern District of California
“DeForest McDuff and his team at Insight are without question one of the “go to” consultants I turn to when I have a critical case. “
– Law Firm Partner, Chicago
4. Favorable Results. Our experts have been cited by courts and clients as having provided thoughtful, credible, and effective economic analysis. We are committed to excellence in contributing to favorable outcomes consistent with sound economic analysis. Our analysis allows courts, companies, and individuals across the country to improve economic clarity and reasoning for the betterment of our marketplace, our institutions, and the broader society.
“In addition, the Court found [Insight Expert’s] testimony persuasive…”
– District Court of New Jersey
“The parties have reached a settlement and are working out the agreement (your report must have scared them!).”
– Law Firm Partner, Silicon Valley
If you have a case now or in the future, please contact us at Contact@InsightEconomics.com or 919-446-5755. One of our Experts would be pleased to learn more about what you are looking for. We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Company
Insight Economics was founded in 2017 on the notion that all entities and individuals benefit from economically informed analysis. Ranging from detailed statistical work and complex calculations to reasoned economic principles applied in various contextual circumstances, economic analysis can add value and clarity to decisions made by companies and courts every day. Our experts have decades of collective experience performing economic and financial analysis in consulting, licensing, finance, and economic research. Our founders started the firm in an effort to serve clients and companies across the country and to bring excellence to economic and expert witness analysis.