Ryan Penkowski, CPA
Ryan Penkowski is an expert valuation consultant and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) specialized in valuing complex assets and transactions, including intellectual property.
Mr. Penkowski is at the forefront of valuing IP in dynamic and rapidly changing technology sectors like electronics and healthcare. For example, Mr. Penkowski provided valuation consulting services in FTC v. Qualcomm, Huawei v. Samsung, Unwired Planet v. Huawei, Ethicon Endo-Surgery (J&J) v. Covidien (Medtronic), and Novartis v. Regeneron. Outside of litigation, Ryan assists clients with valuing and licensing IP, including patent portfolios.
Mr. Penkowski began his valuation practice in 2013. Since then, he has consulted on dozens of high-stakes valuation engagements, including expert reports. Mr. Penkowski consults on a variety of matters for diverse clients, including:
• Intellectual property. Utility patents, design patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, other intangible assets.
• Economic damages. Lost profits, reasonable royalty, unjust enrichment, profit disgorgement, irreparable harm.
• Litigation consulting. IP infringement, FRAND licensing, breach of contract, unfair competition, class action, antitrust.
• Transactions. IP licensing, patent portfolio valuations and transactions, corporate M&A, bankruptcy.
• Industries. Semiconductors, mobile devices, telecommunications networks, internet-of-things, software, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, agricultural chemicals, apparel, financial services, oil & gas, aerospace & defense.
• Clients. Plaintiffs, defendants, leading law firms, multinational corporations, small and mid-sized businesses, individuals, government entities.
• Venues. U.S. district, state, and municipal courts, U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), High Court of Justice of England and Wales, arbitration.
Mr. Penkowski holds a Master of Accounting from the University of Michigan, where he graduated with High Distinction. He holds a B.S. in Management from Case Western Reserve University. He is a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), San Diego Chapter.